Happy Redhead Day from BUBS Naturals
WRITTEN BY Jessica Dangerabout 1 month ago
This weekend is ‘Roodharigendag’ in Tilburg, Netherlands. For more than a decade, it’s held the record of housing the largest number of natural redheads in one place.
We’re fortunate enough to have not one, but two natural redheads on our team. So, in the spirit of fiery and friendly competition, we did what any good amateur athlete does: We challenged ourselves to a WOD for time. And because this ain’t our first rodeo, we promised everyone who participated donuts at the end of it.
One of us came in at 3:58 and the other came in just behind at 4:07.
Our cameraman, J.D. and not a redhead, had so much fun watching us do it that he wanted in on the fitness, too. I hopped in for round two, still freaking heaving from the first WOD, and while I did not beat him, I definitely beat my first time by 42 seconds.
Afterward, we went inside where there is air conditioning, and we helped ourselves to donuts from JD Flannel Donuts and Coffee, a Veteran owned business based out of San Juan Capistrano, CA. They’re good people, and their donuts are perfect for redheads and other good people.
Here are five fun facts about redheads:
- •Redheads actually have less hair than most other people. On average they only have 90,000 strands of hair while blonds, for example, have 140,000. However, red hair is typically thicker so it still looks just as full. Plus, keeping up on thatkeeps our locks looking fly.
- •The highest concentration of redheads is in Scotland (13%) followed by Ireland (10%). Worldwide, only 2% of people have red hair. That’s like, super rare.
- •People with red hair are likely more sensitive to pain. It also means redheads usually need more anesthesia for dental and medical procedures. (Can confirm.)
- •Having red hair isn't the only thing that makes some redheads unique. They are also more likely to be left-handed. Both characteristics come from recessive genes, which like to come in pairs.
- •They’re freaking awesome. (Can also confirm.)
Are you a fellow redheaded lover of BUBS? Give our little WOD a spin and let us see your time! Text your score to us at 760-263-6788 or tag us and your redheaded loved ones on Instagram.
Have fun out there! And don’t forget to wear sunscreen.