How to Cook Chickpeas With An Extra Punch of Protein
WRITTEN BY Jessica Danger7 months ago
Everyone talks about meal prep, but no one talks about snack prep. One of our resident Snack Experts, Tiara Wasner, recently whipped up a batch of Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas. You can eat them on their own, pack em in a spicy trail mix, or toss them in a salad. And with the added benefits of BUBS Naturals collagen coating these bad boys, you can rest easy that your snack packs just as big a punch as your meal.
Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas
- •15 oz chickpeas rinsed (drained, rinsed, and dried)
- •1 tbsp Cobram Estate USA EVOO
- •2 tsp BUBS Naturals Collagen Protein Powder
- •1/2 tbsp Trader Joes Chili lime Seasoning
- •1 tsp ground black pepper
- •1 tsp sea salt
- •Preheat oven to 400 F.
- •Chickpeas – rinse, drain, and pat dry. FYI, Rinsing canned chickpeas removes excess starch resulting in crunchier chickpeas. (Pro tip: Dry with a kitchen towel.)
- •Spread chickpeas on a greased baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes. Remember, we are roasting naked chickpeas, no seasoning yet.
- •Remove slightly cooked chickpeas from oven, add olive oil, all the seasonings, and put it back on a baking sheet. Bake until done. Roughly 35-40 minutes. While roasting, give a baking sheet a few shakes for even roasting.
- •Let the chickpeas cool on the baking sheet before storing in an airtight container. They’ll stay crunchy for up to a week.
If you make a batch of these, let us know. Tag us @BUBSNaturals and show us what ya got!