Happy Thanksgiving From the BUBS Team to You
WRITTEN BY Jessica Dangerabout 1 month ago
Glen BUB Doherty loved to cook. It was one of his favorite pastimes, so it’s no wonder that all of us at BUBS get pretty rowdy about Thanksgiving. Food, the preparation of food, and the sharing of food is a capital T-THING around here.
But we also take health and wellness seriously, errrrryday. That’s why we still find ways to sneak in that quality BUBS goodness, even on Thanksgiving.
There are tons of ways to add BUBS Naturals products to your fall recipes, and to your Turkey day as well, starting from the very tip top, with some fancy drinks.
Just like BUBS Naturals Collagen and BUBS MCT Oil Powder, these recipes are paleo and keto friendly, but they're also delicious so no one but you will ever know...
This delight of a drink by Healthy Little Peach, a Cranberry Apple and Rosemary Mocktail, will be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. Gorgeous to look at and delicious at that, it’s also Whole30 approved and paleo friendly. Which is exactly why BUBS Naturals collagen is a perfect addition to this spirited mocktail.
- •1 can CranRasberry sparkling water
- •6 tbsp apple juice (no added sugars, 3 tbsp for each glass)
- •1/2 cup cranberry juice (no added sugar, 1/4 cup each glass)
- •1 tsp lemon juice, divided (1/2 for each glass)
- •2 scoops BUBS Naturals Collagen
- •2 sprigs fresh rosemary (for garnish)
- •2 slices apple
- •cranberries (for garnish)
- •Add crushed or cubed ice to an 8 oz cup. Fill 1/2 of the cup with sparkling water. Add 1/4 cup of cranberry juice, 3 tbsp of apple juice, along with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice to a glass.
- •Use a mix wand to mix in two scoops of
- •Fill ½ of the cup with sparkling water.
- •Add crushed or cubed ice
- •Top off each drink with any leftover sparkling water.
- •Mix together with a spoon and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs, cranberries and a single apple slice. (This recipe makes 2-8 oz servings).
And while several of us around here are known to add BUBS Naturals Collagen to our mashed potatoes and gravy, on special occasions we like to mix things up a little bit like this stunner of a soup; Pumpkin Soup W/ Crispy Bacon from the Scott Gooding Project.
- •2 tbs olive oil
- •1 large brown onion – peeled and chopped
- •4 garlic clove – peeled and chopped
- •2 celery – sliced
- •2 carrots – sliced
- •2 bay leaves
- •2 sprigs of thyme
- •1 tsp sage
- •2 scoops of BUBS Naturals Collagen
- •1 scoop BUBS Naturals MCT Oil Powder
- •750 mls chicken or veg broth
- •1/2 large pumpkin – trimmed and roughly chopped
- •200 mls coconut cream
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •Heat the oil on a low/medium heat in a large saucepan
- •Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and herbs and sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally
- •Pour in the broth and cook for a further 10 minutes before adding the pumpkin
- •Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin begins to soften
- •Remove from the heat and blitz in a food processor or blender – you may need to do this in batches. Here’s where you add in the MCT Oil powder and the collagen.
- •Return to the saucepan on a low heat
- •Meanwhile put a fry pan on a med/high heat and once hot throw in the bacon
- •Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fat has rendered and gone crispy
- •Remove from the heat and set aside
- •Once cooled roughly chopped the bacon
- •Remove the soup from the heat
- •Add the coconut cream (optional), fresh parsley and chopped bacon and stir. Season to taste.
And, we cannot forget dessert. (Who are we kidding? We probably ate it first.) Here is a fan favorite, Whole30 Mini Chocolate Cakes from Eat This, Not That.
- •2 apples
- •2 ripe bananas
- •1/2 cup date syrup
- •4 eggs
- •2 cups creamy almond butter
- •2/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- •2 tsp baking soda
- •1/2 tsp espresso powder
- •1/2 tsp salt
- •Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- •Peel, core, and chop the apple into large chunks. Add it to the blender along with other ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth.
- •Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin wells and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the tops are set and not jiggly, remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
Whatever you’re eating, wherever you are, and whoever you’re with- Happy Thanksgiving from the BUBS Family to you.