Everyone talks about meal prep, but no one talks about snack prep. One of our resident Snack Experts, Tiara Wasner, recently whipped up a batch ofRoasted Chili Lime Chickpeas. You can eat them on their own, pack em in a spicy trail mix, or toss them in a salad. And with the added benefits of BUBS Naturals collagen coating these bad boys, you can rest easy that your snack packs just as big a punch as your meal.
Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas
- 15 oz chickpeas rinsed (drained, rinsed, and dried)
1 tbspCobram Estate USA EVOO
2 tspBubs Naturals Collagen Protein Powder
1/2 tbspTrader Joes Chili lime Seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Chickpeas – rinse, drain, and pat dry. FYI, Rinsing canned chickpeas removes excess starch resulting in crunchier chickpeas. (Pro tip: Dry with a kitchen towel.)
- Spread chickpeas on a greased baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes. Remember, we are roasting naked chickpeas, no seasoning yet.
- Remove slightly cooked chickpeas from oven, add olive oil, all the seasonings, and put it back on a baking sheet. Bake until done. Roughly 35-40 minutes. While roasting, give a baking sheet a few shakes for even roasting.
- Let the chickpeas cool on the baking sheet before storing in an airtight container. They’ll stay crunchy for up to a week.
If you make a batch of these, let us know. Tag us@BUBSNaturals and show us what ya got!
And if chickpeas aren’t your thing then head over to Tiara’s blog,A Happy Healthy Home, for more recipes using BUBS Naturals Collagen.